Read these Interesting facts about melon plant before you start farming it
- (Kohda, watermelon) belongs to the clan. It gives sweet summer fruit and is a good source of fiber, vitamins and nutrients.
- There are many varieties of melon, including green, white, orange or yellow pulp or peeled ones, and round, oval or cucumber shaped varieties.
- Melon is an annual, hot time plant. Watermelons like warm areas to grow well and cannot bear this frost at all.
- Nowadays, melons are grown in almost all tropical and subtropical regions. China is the largest producer of melons.
- Turkey and the countries around the Mediterranean Sea are also watermelon producing countries.
- Pollen particles produced from melon flowers are very heavy and cannot be adequately moved by air. The fruit of the melon requires the activity of bees and other beneficial pests that distribute pollen. In large commercial farms, it is necessary to have 2-3 strong and healthy beehives per hectare before flowering.
- It takes an average of 100 to 130 days to harvest melons when grown from seed. Most varieties are ready for harvesting approximately 78–90 days after transplanting. If we can easily separate the stalks from the fruit then our melons are ready for harvesting. facts about melon plant