Artificial Ambient Fertilization / Test Tube Baby
What is IVF?
Advantages and disadvantages of IVF?
What is a test tube baby?
What is a test tube baby?
Artificial ambient fertilization or test tube baby is a modern treatment in which men’s sperm and women’s eggs are added out of the body. She is later added to a woman’s uterus, which later takes the form of an infant, causing the woman to become pregnant.
Artificial ambient fertilization has proved helpful for whom?
- Women who have weak uterus or have some problem in ovulation or egg production, they can adopt IVF Treatment.
- Women whose fallopian tubes have an obstruction or blockage.
- If the sperm count of the man is low or there is some problem related to the sperm.
- IVF can be adopted by all those who have infertility problem.
How Does IVF Work?
IVF is a step by step procedure. We have explained it in a few small points to explain to you.
- Gonadotropin is a medicine given 8–14 days before the onset of menstrual cycle, which is a type of medicine that helps ovaries develop healthy and new eggs.
- The doctor then examines which part of the ovary the eggs are mature.
- After that, when the follicle is ready, an injection is made which enables the eggs to fertilize.
- After 36 hours of this injection, these eggs are removed from the follicles by an Ultrsound Probe via the vagina.
- Normally 15-18 eggs are extracted.
- An embryologist examines these eggs and is mixed with the male sperm and incubated for one night.
- After that 3 some eggs fertilize well and in 5 days they become blastocysts which are filled with fluid which starts to separate as baby and placenta.
- The Embryologist then selects the best embryo from it and adds it to the woman’s uterus.
- Doctors place 1-5 embryos in a woman’s uterus on age and good examination.
- If everything goes well then that woman becomes pregnant.
How long does test tube baby cycle take?
The process of artificial environmental fertilization or IF also takes 4-6 weeks.
What is the probability of success in artificial ambient fertilization (test tube baby)?
|40% chance||Women aged 34 or under|
|31% chance||Women aged 35–37|
|21% chance||Women aged 38-40|
|11% chance||Women aged 41–42|
|5% chance||43 or older women|
Advantages and disadvantages of test tube baby?
Advantages of IVF Treatment
- Women who have no obstruction or blockage in the uterus, some have hormonal imbalance problems and have little hope of becoming a mother, through this IVF technique they can find a child with the help of their eggs and the male sperm.
- Parents who are older and not likely to have children can also get their children with the help of IVF Treatment.
- Couples have to suffer from difficulty of couples infertility due to problem in sperm of some men. In such a situation, IVF has proved to be very helpful.
Read More: What is organic evolution?
Disadvantages of IVF Treatment
- It is not necessary that IVF is always successful. There is also a 50-50% chance of its failure.
- Sometimes it is also likely to have side-effects such as ovarian hyper-stimulation syndrome (OHSS).
- About 20–30% of IVF treatment consists of 2 or more children.
- Most importantly, IVF Treatment costs a lot of money. So before going for IVF it is very important to know about its expenses.
- People say upside down because people have not yet understood this technique.
How Much IVF Treatment Cost in India?
Before telling about the expenses of test tube baby, I want to tell you that it costs more than other countries in India. So slowly people from many countries are coming here every year.
IVF Treatment is much less expensive in India than in USA or other Western countries, which is a good thing. Well it costs
Different hospitals have different types, if you just think about it, then the expenses are as follows –
The rates of Basic IVF Treatment are –
About 2,50,000 or more can go up to 5,00,000 for an IVF session.
The rates of Advanced IVF Treatment are –
The cost of an IVF session as well as ICSI can cost up to 1,00,000-1,50,000. And FET (Frozen Embryo Transfer) procedure can cost up to 1,20,000.